ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3 A1 - 2020 Model
- Read all about the brand new 2020 revised EVO here!
- Note that the 2020 revision is still the latest and most up to date model from ASG for 2022. If you intend to use a lot of full auto or burst fire, we recommend against using the 11.1V battery and to choose a 9.9V Li-Fe battery.
- The Scorpion EVO 3 is the very first AEG to be designed and manufactured in Europe.
The EVO 3 has been envisioned, developed and built by ASG, to bring the airsoft player as close to the experience of handling the real EVO 3 as possible.
The gun has many more unique features all of which can be seen on the EVO website here.
Iron sights are now included as standard.
Like a real gun, the EVO 3 will stop firing when its magazine runs empty and requires activation of the bolt catch after a reloaded magazine has been inserted.
Where-as the standard in airsoft is to replicate the exterior in appearance only, the EVO 3 is built to be as tough as the real thing. The internals have been purpose built to deliver advanced functions by using custom electronics, while having the strength necessary to handle both powerful springs and high-speed solutions.
The entire externals of the gun are made from a high impact polymer, just like the real steel. A 20mm rail traverses the top of the gun, and three further rails are found on the handguard.
It sports a quick-change spring feature which allows you to swap the spring out on the fly.
The stock on the rifle is foldable and extendable and is also easily detached from the main body in seconds.
- A great feature of the EVO is the integrated mosfet control system. It provides several advanced features such as a three round burst, empty magazine detection and battery protection.
- This 2020 model has the new once piece ASCU mosfet system, which now has faster trigger response and a much lesser delay between burst fire trigger pulls.
- All 2020 models now also sport a deans connector on the battery harness.
- Upon detecting an empty magazine, the rifle stops firing even when the trigger is still depressed. Insert a new fully loaded magazine, hit the bolt catch and the rifle is ready to fire again.
- The selector offers four fire modes, safe, semi-automatic, three round burst and fully automatic. The three round burst is electronically controlled and sends three BBs down range in an extremely accurate and controlled group.
- Li-Po batteries are recommended for use with the EVO 3, due to battery size constraints, proper mosfet operation and best performance. The battery can be stored inside the handguard and in the upper receiver, allowing fitment of most small-stick/cranestock-sticks style battery.
- The mosfet beeps upon connecting a new battery and continues to monitor the battery whilst the gun is being fired. Upon low voltage detection, the gun stops firing to prevent damage to the battery (Li-pos).
- The mosfet also offers an extremely short and crisp trigger response that you just don't get with a regular AEG trigger switch.
- A thick gauge of wire is used throughout the gun, along with MIM steel gears for increased reliability with high-power setups.
- Multiple sling mounts are located around the EVO 3; even the front sling mount can be moved from one side of the AEG to the other.
- The handguard is easily removed by unscrewing the flashhider and sliding it forward, off the barrel.
- The ergonomic pistol grip is exceptionally comfortable to hold for extended periods.
- Cocking handle can be cycled forwards and backwards and also locks back in its most reward position. Hitting the bolt catch snaps the bolt cover shut.
- Adjustable hop-up unit is located behind the bolt cover and can be adjusted by hand or with an allen wrench.
- The EVO 3 doesn't drop BBs from the hop-up unit when an empty magazine is ejected, every last BB is fired.
- Additional accessories are available for the EVO 3, including a front support grip, carry cases, slings etc.
- A new reinforced steel bearing spring guide is available here:
- Deans battery for 2020 models available here. Previous gen (higher amperage) EVO battery with tamiya connector available here.
- 14mm silencer adapter available here.
- NOTE: Do not leave a Li-Po battery connected to the AEG after use! The mosfet will drain it to potentially dangerously low levels causing damage to your battery or rifle or both!
- Warranty: The EVO 3 is warranted parts and labour for 3 months. A further 9 months parts warranty is offered by ASG. To avail of the parts warranty, you must be able to produce your receipt or order invoice. The gun itself must also be unmodified and unopened by anyone other than ourselves. Warranty is provided to the original purchaser only.
- Battery: A 9.9V Li-Fe battery is recommended if you intend to use predominantly fully automatic fire. 11.1V Li-Po is recommended for predominately semi-auto or burst fire.
Fires at: 320fps
Battery Required: 7.4V/11.1V Li-Po (not included)Charger: Not included